Micah is just over 16 months old now. I’ve been delaying in posting this in the hopes that I could count his teeth…but, alas, that proves to be difficult. My best guess is that he has 12 teeth in there…most of them are just working their way through lately. He’s a perpetual teether. He weighs 22 pounds and 8 oz and is roughly 2.5 feet tall. He walks around the house like he owns the place and always has a little bounce in his step if he is headed towards food. He wears 18 mo tops and 12 mo bottoms. He goes to bed at 8 and is often up around 7:30. We’re still working on getting rid of the 5:30 wake up call…it comes and goes.
Micah can say “Mama” and “Dada”, but uses signs (and screaming) for the rest of his communication. He loves to wave to people and is very affectionate with his baby – giving it lots of hugs and “kisses”. He signs, “more”, “please”, “all done”, “food” (though his version of food is actually the sign for sleep…), and “drink”. He does a lot of nodding when you guess the right thing that he wants and says “please” repeatedly.
- sweet potatoes
- yogurt & fruit
- cottage cheese
- carrying his stool around and then stepping off of it (aka jumping) into waiting arms
- wrestling with Daddio
- playing with Ethan
- holding hands (mostly because it means he can’t roam free)
- when Ethan takes his toys or knocks him over
- a lot of meat (he goes through phases, but isn’t usually jumping out of his seat for the meat portion of his meal)
- being stuck drinking water (he always wants milk)
- keeping his hat on in the sun
- waiting for food
He’s a fun kid! He loves to make us smile! He’s learning lots every day and copies his brother all the time (thankfully they both think it’s fun right now). He’s such a little blessing.