We had a fantastic road trip, but we were all definitely glad to be home again. I especially loved updating our various charts and changing our calendars. Simple pleasures. It doesn’t take much over here. =)
We listened to 8 audiobooks on the trip. I’ve included a list here with some thoughts since I know some of you like that. =)
- Penderwicks (LOVE this book! It’s sweet and probably more geared towards girls, but it’s lots of fun)
- Stuart Little
- Alvin Ho Book 1 (the audiobooks are extra funny)
- Alvin Ho Book 2
- The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place (Book 2: The Hidden Gallery) (LOVE this series, but it’s best to do the audiobook…I think the boys would like it even more in a few years, but they are really laughing hard throughout it and the mystery is lots of fun)
- The Horse and His Boy (CS Lewis – can’t go wrong! It’s a good stand alone book)
- The Secret School
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
We also added our miles from the bike ride through Yosemite:
We really got into doing paint-by-stickers, something I had heard about at CC and also in the Read-Aloud Revival podcast, on our trip. The boys LOVE doing them, especially when I read to them or they are listening to a book. I am buying as many of these books as possible. I would say that Micah started these with SO much frustration that he almost gave up, but now he can’t get enough of them. So maybe start them at age 6 or 7…
We’ve caught up with some of our buddies – I don’t always get pictures, but I did snap a couple during some of the more recent ones.
Aunt Ashley and I started date night swaps, finally! I had the pleasure of watching Caleb at their place and she watched the boys here another night. This is such a gift to all of us!!
And we were able to go to another concert for cousin, Matthew. It rained at this one, so I didn’t end up taking any pics while we were there…but I did get this one of us walking to it. It was lots of fun to hear his band playing at a beautiful park.